Friday, September 1, 2017

My Good Reflexes

My reflexes were tested a few times today. More drivers than usual seem to be absent-minded.
   Leaving the truck stop in Tulsa, two drivers shifted their rigs into reverse without noticing that I was driving nearby. 
   We saw a few accidents as we drove through Missouri & Illinois, including a big truck that had overturned. This is Friday; lots of folks are thinking about Labor Day weekend. The roads were definitely busier than usual. 
   Entering the truck stop in Marshall Illinois, a driver pulled out in front of us without looking. I hit my brakes hard & honked the horn. Stephanie was shaken up by the near-incident. We were glad to be done for the day. 
   Stephanie is cooking grilled cheese sandwiches & soup for dinner. We are both very hungry. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment