Saturday, August 4, 2012

DELAYS CAN BE FUN

My shipper didn't have my trailer fully loaded when I arrived. I was on time; they were not. They said I couldn't stay on their property, so I drove to an exciting part of town. I went walking, & stumbled upon a movie theater. Per my usual method, I chose the movie that was starting at the time I randomly arrived. The time picked my movie, not me. Total Recall, it was. I enjoyed it, but wasn't especially dazzled. The first one, with Arnold Schwarzenegger, was better. After the movie was over, I had a sandwich at McDonald's, and then a coffee at Starbucks. It was 11 PM, and everything was closing. I called my shipper to ask about the status of my load. They invited me to come on back; my trailer was ready to roll.

One of the most enjoyable moments of my evening was observing three unassociated couples inside of Starbucks – they were so totally into each other & so comfortable. I was happy for them, yet it caused me to miss my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment