Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ON A HOT LOAD

HENRYETTA, OKLAHOMA. It is the middle of the noon hour, Tuesday. We are on a tightly scheduled load to South Carolina. I would usually be driving by now, except my weekly allotment of hours have been flattened to a mere 9. To make on-time delivery, my co-driver is having to extend his usual schedule by a little. I'm glad he is always willing to do what it takes to keep us in the Elite team group.
I called my grandma and my dad as we passed by Shawnee on I-40. They understand the demands of my job. Maybe I will be able to stop and visit another time. This was the same situation I was in a few days ago, as we made a rapid turnaround in Southern California. I called various cousins and uncles as I passed through.
This has been a good week for freight.
I just wish I could plan my own delays!
Here is a picture of my current environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment