Monday, August 6, 2018

We Do Pretty Well in the Congested Areas of New York

We selected the highest paying load from our vicinity of Missouri. Once upon a time, I was frightened of running my truck in & around New York City. After lots of experience, I have discovered how to make the loony places not so bad. 
  Our office team at Schneider sent me messages, on Wednesday evening, asking if I would be able to deliver our load at the scheduled time of 8am Thursday. They must have been closely watching & calculating my progress. Our customer in Hauppauge, New York imposes stiff financial penalties on carriers who are late for their appointments. Their concern was justified, but I had a good plan: we were going to arrive that night, park at their unloading dock for our 10-hour break, and start our next workday as they unloaded us. My plan was successful. The business park was very still and quiet. After working all day, we were too tired to cook, so we ordered pizza delivery. 
  After our trailer was emptied, we picked up our next load at an aspirin factory, in a nearby city, there on Long Island.. I had to wear hair & beard nets inside of their facility. Stephanie was highly amused by it. 
  Next, we went to a facility in a nearby town to pick up the other half of our load. They were unable to load us, so the supervisors at Schneider directed us to go ahead & embark on our trip to South Carolina. 
  Our departure from Long Island went very slowly. Traffic through New York City was really bad. My trip plan had to be radically altered. We still made on-time delivery. 




No comments:

Post a Comment