Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Older Two Boys’ First Day of School

Everyone in the world seemed running late today. Traffic was unusually heavy in Nixa. We picked up our kids from the farm a little later than desired, but I felt less bad about it as their mother didn’t have them ready to go yet. 
  With everyone in the car, we started our trip to the boys’ schools. The low-fuel warning prompted me to make a 3-minute pause at the gas station. 
   I pulled into the drop-off line at the junior high school & opened the back hatch of the minivan to get Hunter’s trombone out. As I was closing the lid, Hunter moved forward to grab a pack of tissues - hitting his head in the process . I felt bad for him. He was alright within a few seconds, but wasn’t in the mood for a photo opportunity with me in front of the school. 
   We dropped Forest off nearly 30 minutes after school began. The secretary inquired who his teacher is. Forest replied “Miss Perry”. The door buzzed open & he proceeded confidently to his classroom. I was impressed with him because he is going to a different school this year: Inman Intermediate. Hunter went there two school years ago. 
   We have Wyatt with us now. He is “helping” us with laundry. 








No comments:

Post a Comment