Thursday, August 9, 2018

Annual Review & 3rd Quarter Sustainment Training

It was a good thing that we were able to sleep in this morning. My yearly compliance check and road test were stressful events. My instructor was friendly but firm. He gave me an excellent evaluation. Stephanie and the dogs had to stay at the Carlisle oc while I demonstrated my driving skills to the instructor. She says we were gone for about an hour. During that time I negotiated a vast series of complex turns and driving situations. These road tests make me nervous every time I do them, even after 16 years of this.
Before leaving the Schneider yard I also had to complete a 44 minute computer based training program. This is also knows as the 3rd Quarter Sustainment Training. This time around they strongly emphasized the importance of not parking on the shoulder of any roadway, except in the case of a true emergency.
We resumed our trip to Pittston about an hour later then planned. Luckily, the customer we were delivering to had a flexible delivery window and our next customer was easy going also.




No comments:

Post a Comment