Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Got New Steer Tires in Benton Arkansas

Quarterly inspection was about due. I was intending to have it done in Dallas, after we delivered our load of diapers to a large distribution center in a nearby city. 
  As lunchtime approached, we intended to take a break in North Little Rock, Arkansas. However, those plans changed when I heard an explosion. I believed that it was one of our trailer tires. So, I altered our destination. There was a tire bank at a truck stop on the other side of Little Rock. Wingfoot/Goodyear is usually pretty good at getting us in and getting us out.
  I pulled the truck up to the tire bay. Before going to the service counter, I thought it would be a good idea to determine exactly which tire had blown on the trailer. None of the tires were flat or blown. Well, since we were already here, I might as well get my mandatory quarterly inspection done on the tractor. 
  Before getting my inspection formally flunked , I consulted with a knowledgeable person nearby. My left steer tire was wearing unevenly and the second layer of rubber was showing. We both agreed that I should get my tires changed before getting the inspection. 
  Stephanie and I went to a nearby chicken restaurant while the mechanics changed both of my front tires. When we got back, they had one of them all ready to go. I got the dogs out to exercise. Shortly after I got them back to the building, the other tire was mounted and paperwork was ready to sign. I think we were there for a total of 60 minutes. Inspection was complete and we were ready to resume our trip to the Dallas area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment