Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Unwarranted Critical Event Reports

Although I am labeled a “independent contractor“ and a “business owner“, the company I am leased to holds me to rigorous standards & intervention. Whenever my truck records a “hard-braking event“ or a “stability control event“, they require me to call my business advisor to discuss what happened and how to procure safer driving. Sometimes, a driver is directed to go to an OC to receive remedial instruction and a driving test. Nobody wants that experience.
  On two occasions, recently, my truck has sent those dreaded reports to Schneider. Neither of the reports reflected a smidgen of reality. Apparently, there are faulty components in the new Kenworth trucks. Another contractor notified me of this, and my business advisor is also aware of it. My “critical events“ were accurately labeled “non-preventable”. 
  My fellow new-Kenworth-driving contractor told me that he was criticized for other data points that were collected surrounding the time of his faulty critical event report, so he says that he is sharpening his company policy abiding practices in an exaggerated manner - such as a full seven seconds of following distance. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment