Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Lots of Living from Home to the West Coast

 We are spending the night in Weed California. It was good to get another shower. I took a few minutes to look through my phone pictures. There are lots of stories to be told about the last few days. I wish I could write about them as they should be told. My budget of time is really tight, however. 
  Our last trip took us from the St. Louis area to northern Oregon. This load boosted our weekly revenue to a nice level. 
  Along the way, we visited Uranus Fudge Factory in Saint Robert Missouri. It has an obviously funny and immature theme. We bought a variety of candy and fudge there. Stephanie had visited there last year and was excited to see me marvel at it for the first time. 
   In the far southwest corner of Iowa and through Nebraska, we stopped  at Sapp Brothers travel plazas. They had bidets in the ladies restrooms & Stephanie thought they were the best things ever! She posted pictures on Facebook and raved about them to our friends and family. 
  Our trip took us through Wyoming. My PrePass blinked red, so I had to pull into the Port of Entry. There, I had to present my credentials & bills of lading. It's a five-minute process, usually. 
  We spent the night at the Pilot in Cheyenne Wyoming . It was congested that night; all of the usual spaces were full. I found a difficult space & took my time backing in. Before retiring for the night, I took pictures of my neighbors' rigs, just in case they were as bad at departing as they were at parking for the night. 
   The next night was spent at the Flying J in Twin Falls Idaho. It was an unmemoarable day of easy driving. 
  As usual, we weren't allowed to bypass any of the Oregon scales. Our PrePass blinks red every time. 
  Delivery to a distribution center in Hermiston went smoothly & we were out of there with an empty trailer within 40 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment